This is a long one, I hope you enjoy it! Nay, you better enjoy it, this took me like a whole 3 hours to make, so applause and external validation will be expected in the form of kind comments below. Thank you and enjoy the post 😉
I live in New England, and it’s cold a lot. Accordingly, I wear sweaters a lot! I like to have a turtleneck sweater for those extra cold days. I also like to have a v-neck sweater which is a lot more flattering for my body shape. Lastly, I really enjoy crewneck sweaters which are just good ol’ sweaters that are comfy for everyday use! I have 2 (I think) cashmere crew neck sweaters and a merino wool crewneck sweater. I also have one cream colored fisherman cable knit crew neck sweater that I love! Cable Knit sweaters are great! One of my next purchases would be a camel colored cable knit cashmere sweater.
Here are my favorite sweaters
- Uniqlo Cashmere V-Neck Sweater
- Uniqlo Cashmere Crew Neck Sweater
- J. Crew Cashmere Boyfriend Sweater
- Land’s End Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater
- Uniqlo Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater
- LL Bean Cable Knit Sweater (nearly sold out)
- Abercrombie and Fitch Cable Knit Sweater
- Uniqlo Merino Wool Crew Neck Sweater
- Random sweaters from places like Macys, Bloomingdale’s, and Lord & Taylor
When I’m not wearing a sweater or a sweatshirt, I’m probably wearing a t-shirt. Honestly, chances are I’m wearing a long sleeve shirt and a sweatshirt together. It’s one of my favorite combinations to keep me warm but not overheated in the winter.
Here are some of my favorite t-shirts
- Uniqlo Cotton Crew Neck Long-Sleeve T-Shirt (size up)
- Gap Modern Boatneck Shirt (TTS, size up for roomier fit) – THIS IS MY FAVORITE SHIRT!! (I have this in boatneck, but I really want it in V-Neck which I think will be far more flattering.)
- Old Navy Luxe V-Neck Long-Sleeve Tee (TTS, size up if you have longer arms) – I like this one, but it’s not very warm – so this is definitely more of a summer-nights type situation. On the plus side, it is very breathable. This is a more of a polyester type feel.
- Old Navy EveryWear V-Neck Long-Sleeve Tee (size up) (This shirt is just fine – not a lot happening here. The only downside is that the shirt shrinks a bit in the dyer, so I’d recommend buying a size up if you plan on drying the shirt. This shirt feels like cotton.)
- Kohl’s Sonoma Essential V-Neck Tee: (TTS, if anything runs a bit big, but it’s fine if you want a looser fit) this shirt is soft, but not plush. It accomplishes its job as a t-shirt. Another plus is that it launders well.
I live in jeans. I have a couple of favorites that I have in different colors and washes. I tend to rotate through these jeans as my preferred pants. Some of these, I have multiple of each, but they have frayed or been worn down to a state that is unfit to be worn in public. I’m looking at you, worn holes at the seams between the legs.
Here are my favorites
- Old Navy Rockstar jeans (TTS)
- Lucky Brand Bridgette jeans (TTS, size up if you don’t want a tight fit) These are my second favorite jeans. The only downside is that they can be super tight in the stomach area especially if you’re sitting or bending over. Overall, I’d recommend sizing up in these if you’re curvy. For me, I’m slim hipped but have big thighs and wide calves, if I bought these jeans again, I’d size up from my normal 28 to a 29.
- Gap Mid Rise True Skinny Jeans (TTS) – these are a good solid pair of jeans, and they wash well.
- Levi 721 jeans in Blue Story (TTS) THESE ARE MY HOLY GRAIL JEANS!! I reach for these 3 out of 7 days a week. These are high waisted but they don’t feel constraining. They’re soft and comfy, I love, love, LOVE these jeans. I can’t recommend them enough!
Having some nice “slacks” that you can pair a blouse with is useful for that random business casual event you have to go to. For me, I tend to reach for a skirt before pants.
My favorites are:
- Ann Taylor The Trouser Pant In Seasonless Stretch (TTS) – I have had these pants for almost 6 years now, and I think everyone in the whole entire world should own a pair!
- Banana Republic Plaid Mini Skirt (TTS) – I have this skirt from like a bajillion years ago in a great navy plaid pattern, similar linked here
- Ann Taylor The Ankle Pant In Seasonless Stretch – Curvy Fit (TTS) – this is a great option that is way better than Old Navy’s Pixie Pants which never fit right and always shrinks when laundered.
- Patagonia Down Sweater Vest (TTS, if you’re between sizes, size up so you have space for sweaters and jackets underneath) – this has been on my wishlist forever. I want it so so bad!! Anyways, any down vest will do, I just like this one a lot!
- Patagonia Los Gatos Fleece Vest (TTS, if you’re between sizes, size up so you have space for sweaters and jackets underneath) – this is my favorite vest. I wear it all the time – over long sleeve t-shirts, sweaters, and blouses. I’m a big fan!
- Winter boots – I think LL Bean boots (TTS) or the Sperry Duck Boots (TTS). The LL Bean boots are great and reliable! Sperry Duck Boots are great too because they zip up on the side which makes them super convenient for running out of the house.
- My favorite sneakers are these Puma Basket Platform Sneaker (TTS). They’re amazing. You, me, and everyone should have a pair.
- Lastly, my favorite belt (TTS).
That’s it, folks! I think the next installment of this little clothing series will be a complete guide to living in New England! Let me know if you’d be interested.
Have a good day or night